Welcome to the Fallout New Vegas section.
New Vegas Videos
- Wild Wild Wasteland (From Youtube)
Fallout New Vegas is an action RPG developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published in October 2010 by Bethesda Softworks for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. The game is based in a post-apocalyptic, open world environment around the Las Vegas, Nevada area. The player takes control of the character known as the Courier, who is hired by a delivery service to take an unknown package across the Mojave Desert to "The Strip" but is intercepted, shot in the head, and left for dead by a mysterious man who steals the package.
After being found by a friendly local robot, Victor, and healed by a man named Doc Mitchell, the Courier is thrust back into the desert to seek revenge and recover the stolen package. By doing this, the player becomes caught between various factions competing for control over the desert and its most valuable asset, the Hoover Dam; ultimately coming to shape the future of its inhabitants.
The game offers a similar experience to Fallout 3, but is not a direct sequel to it. New Vegas was a critical and commercial success, shipping more than five million copies total.
- Developer: Obsidian Entertainment
- Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
- Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC
- Release Date: October 19, 2010 in North America, October 21, 2010 in Australia, October 22, 2010 in Europe, and November 4, 2010 in Japan.
- Genre: Action RPG, Post-apocalyptic survival