Those who own Call of Juarez: The Cartel received an email from Ubisoft that hints a new Call of Juarez is in the works. Ubisoft also did a short survey about The Cartel, asking players to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the game, as well as what they wanted to see in future Call of Juarez games. The following is a list of a few things they mentioned.
- A gunfight in a saloon after a poker game.
- Defending a train attacked by Native Americans on horses.
- Defending a ranch attacked by Mexican pistolleros .
- Preventing a bank robbery.
- Rescuing an innocent man about to be hanged .
- A gun duel in an empty main street of a town against your worst enemy.
- Guarding a fort against a group of outlaws.
- Helping a man to escape from the sheriff's office.
- Preventing outlaws from pillaging a gold mine.
- Taking part in a shooting contest.
- A fusillade between lawmen and outlaws.
- Hunting outlaws in the Rocky Mountains.