Konami has opened the official website for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and posted a bunch of new information about the project which you can find below.
- Raiden is contracted for VIP protection, military training and other duties by PMSCs (Private Military and Security Companies) in a developing country piecing itself back together after a bloody civil war.
- His combat mastery is now channeled through a cyborg body as the strikes from his high-frequency blade slice even massive assault drones in two.
- Stage is set for a clash with an enigmatic force of countless cyborgs.
- Game pits cyborg against cyborg.
- Raiden was once feared as the child soldier “Jack the Ripper” on the front lines of the First Liberian Civil War.
- Cyborgs are spreading at a rapid pace in the game’s world.
- The original aim for a combination of stealth and action has also been enhanced, for a more aggressive new focus on pure, exhilarating action.
- A Solid Collaboration Breeds a “Solidless” METAL GEAR.
- Rising was intended to be a spin-off featuring the actions/transformation of Raiden.
- After Platinum Games came on board, the story changed to take place several years after Metal Gear Solid 4.
- This would give the staff more of an opportunity to show what they can bring to the series.
- Kojima Productions overseeing the game’s story and world.
- They are also providing visual direction to ensure that it retains the characteristic look of the Metal Gear series“…the blood of the series still flows within this new METAL GEAR.”