Mario Party is back again for the 9th installment of the series. It features 80 new minigames, new stages, and all-new ways to play that blend cooperative and competitive action for up to four players, Mario Party 9 is the perfect way to get the party started.
In addition, players now travel across stages together in a vehicle towards a common goal – overcoming obstacles, battling bosses, and collecting Mini Stars stolen by Bowser and his minions.
Below you can find some more details about Mario Party 9 as well as a few new screenshots. Mario Party 9 will be released March 11, 2012 for the Wii.
- 80 outrageous new minigames that find players making pizzas, escaping haunted mansions, and racing snowmobiles.
- Each stage culminates in a Boss Battle. Players must combine their strength to defeat classic foes such as Bowser and King Boo while still playing competitively to boost their own individual scores.
- Players ride across stages together in special vehicles. Players take turns as Captain of the vehicle by hitting Dice Blocks to move the party forward, hoping to land on lucky spaces. The vehicles also help to streamline game play and keep everyone involved in the action.
- No time to play through an entire stage? New minigame modes let players enjoy the action in smaller chunks of time. They can hone their skills at any minigame in Free Play mode or try the Extras mode that includes Goomba Bowling and the puzzle-based Castle Clearout.
- Every time they play, players can earn Party Points that are used to unlock special items and features.
- Unique Captain Events on each stage give players a new way to change the shape of the game.
- In Mario Party 9, each themed stage has a clear destination point but with multiple paths along the way, so no two games will play the same. From Toad Road to Boo’s Horror Castle, players will encounter a wide variety of familiar Mario franchise elements in new environments that can be enjoyed solo or with friends.