Some features and changes in Dark Souls 2:
- You will be able to wield and light torches. Light and dark plays a much larger role this time around.
- Deflect weapons/missiles which are thrown at you with your own weapon.
- Enemies have a new and more advanced AI / reaction system.
- Humanity has been removed. The Estus flask however returns.
- "Keymouth"/stone key which can be used to trigger certain events in certain parts of the game. It's up to the player to chose where to use the stone keys.
- You're able to shoot arrows while moving and dual wield weapons.
- Possible day/night cycle.
- Improved real time shadow mapping.
- New motion capture technique used to give movement and combat a more natural feel.
More screenshots after the page break..