If there is one game people wanted to see at this years E3, it was Fallout 4. A while ago, there were rumors that it would be showcased at E3 2013 and that it could even be an Xbox One exclusive, but now E3 is over and nothing has been mentioned about Fallout 4...until now.
From an anonymous leaker:
- Fallout 4 has been in development since January 2011 by a small team, as the majority were working on Skyrim.
- As of February 2013, the team working on Fallout 4 is the size of the team which was working on Skyrim. This is due to Skyrim development ending.
- As it stands now, Fallout 4 will release on Xbox One, PS4, PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. However, this is still subject to change.
- The actual announcement for Fallout 4 will come BEFORE E3 2014, but will NOT launch in 2014.
- The expected launch is in October 2015.
- The game is (as of June 2013) 55% complete, consequently, voice actors will be hired towards the end of 2014.
- There is no planned multi-player, but there is a possibility of Co-Op locally.
- The game will take place in Somerville, Cambridge, Arlington (and surrounding areas). The main setting is in a Post-Apocalyptic Boston. However, this area will not be immediately accessible.
- The story is not clear, however, Vaults exist.
- The 37 second trailer starts starts with a half-broken phone sparking. The scene pulls out slowly with the stereotypical music you would hear. Slowly you work out the scene is pulling out of a belltower. As it pulls further out, you see a destroyed town around. This is Boston. Suddenly, you hear the bell chime loudly, and the screen changes black instantly. The words of Ron Pearlman are heard "War... War never changes...". The logo for Fallout 4 appears with the 5 platforms above listed.
NeoGAF also posted some tweets that could hint that Fallout 4 was shown behind closed doors at this years E3. Check out the tweets below:
In case you're confused and wondering what this has to do with Fallout 4, @Bethblog is Bethesda Game Studios...the developers of Fallout 3 and New Vegas. And the Tweet from Derek Nolan is hinting that he saw more, but that was "all he can say".
Note: Here is where I found these tweets: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=584601
Posted by George