State of Decay is a really fun new open world zombie survival game on the Xbox arcade for only $20 (1600 Microsoft points) (Update: The game is now also available on Steam) and so far it has sold almost as fast as Minecraft on the 360. The game is a mix between DayZ and GTA with RPG elements. For more information, check out the official State of Decay website. Also be sure to check out our State of Decay section for some tips, guides and other useful articles.
Below are the official patch notes for the first update that fixes a number of issues that have been found:
"Hola fellow survivors. Just wanted you to know we submitted Title Update 1 to certification this afternoon. Title Updates have to go through a “mini certification” process, so it will be a bit before these roll out, but we wanted to let you know what was coming. We expect the update to be available next week. We’ll keep you posted as we have more specific information."
June 14, 2013 Update: The update has now gone live! Go fire up your Xbox and get on bashing in some zombie skulls. And if you check out any tips page on the internet, check out our State of Decay tips and hints page for a bunch of useful tips!
June 15, 2013 Update: A second patch has been announced. Check it out here: State of Decay Update 2 Patch Notes
June 27, 2013 Update: The second patch (Title Update 2) is almost here. Should automatically download to your Xbox Friday June 28, 2013 at 2 AM PST. Source
Also...do you have any ideas on what the next update should have? Post them in the comments below.
Update 1 Patch Notes:
- NEW: Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation
- Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.
- Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.
- NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer’s Mill.
- The “Too many infestations!” event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
- UPDATED: The “Too many infestations” to-do item is now cleared when there is only one remaining infestation within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
- You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.
- Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.
- Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.
- NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer’s Mill when called to gather supplies.
- You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.
- Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.
- NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.
- Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.
- Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson’s farmhouse.
- Fixed a few rare crash bugs.
- Fixed various translations bugs.