Welcome to the Arma 3 section.
News & Articles
Arma 3 is an open world tactical shooter game being developed by Bohemia Interactive. ARMA 3's storyline takes place in the mid-2030s during the fictional Operation Magnitude, a military operation launched by NATO forces fighting in Europe against "Eastern armies" led by a resurgent Iran.
Official game description
ARMA 3 is set in the near-future during the mid-2030s, where NATO forces deployed in the Greek islands of the Aegean Sea are trying to hold off a massive Iranian military offensive from the east. During the singleplayer campaign, the player will take the role of a British Special Forces soldier, Captain Scott Miller. Initially, the player must survive on their own after friendly forces are defeated in a failed NATO operation. During the campaign, the player will face everything from lone wolf infiltration missions to the commanding of large scale armored operations. The player will be able to choose different objectives and weaponry (such as UAVs, artillery, and air support) according to their play style.
ARMA 3 takes place on the Aegean islands of Altis (formerly Lemnos) and Stratis of Greece, in the Mediterranean Sea. They will feature photo-realistic terrain and water environments. Altis will be the largest official terrain in the Arma series with ground area covering approximately 270 km². The smaller island, Stratis, will expand over an area of 20 km². The islands will feature over 50 villages with buildings that are both enterable and destroyable.
Arma 3 Features List
- Enhanced mission editor
- Support for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11
- 20 km view distance
- Ragdoll physics
- Physics enabled vehicle handling and environmental objects (PhysX 3)
- Underwater environments, vehicles and diving
- Weapon and uniform customization
- Volumetric clouds
- Render to Texture
- Improved lighting engine
- Support for Java
- Support for six degrees of freedom
- Improved radio chatter (previous games used radio chatter that was clearly several sound files placed together. ARMA 3's radio chatter is more fluid)
- Developer: Bohemia Interactive
- Distributor: Steam
- Platforms: PC
- Release Date: Septembet 12, 2013 (Early access March 5, 2013)
- Genre: Military simulation, tactical FPS