In order to download the new Minecraft 1.6 launcher you need to go to the following link:
Also check out the official tips and features below.
Quick tips about the launcher directly from Mojang:
You do not need to re-purchase Minecraft to use the new game launcher.
- The new launcher is required in order to play Minecraft version 1.6 and any future updates. The old launcher will not update past version 1.5.2.
- The program is self-updating, so we won't require another manual download in the future.
- The interface is still in an early version, and will continue to receive updates to improve its look.
- You can still play Minecraft version 1.5.2 using the old launcher, which you can download from minecraft.net/download (This is highly recommended if you want to play 1.5.2 with mods with no problems.)
- Support for multiple Minecraft usernames per Mojang account is included in the launcher, but is not yet enabled in Mojang accounts.
- You will always be able to access singleplayer content while offline. However, in the new launcher, you must actually be offline, or else the launcher will continue to try to contact the login servers.
- Streamlined downloading of Minecraft updates
- increased password security
- the ability to switch between game versions
- the use of updated game code libraries for increased performance and stability
- it paves the way for the future plugin APIs.
The new minecraft launcher is amazing and finally makes it much easier to get started! Have any comments about it? Please post them below. Thanks for visiting.