Here are some Shin Megami Tensei IV beginner tips for those who are just starting out, or new to the series. The SMT series is brutal for newcomers, but don't get discouraged.
- Don't give up at the beginning, it's extremely difficult. After the first and second major bosses, it gets a bit easier. The first dungeon is brutal.
- Try to specialize.
- Save a lot.
- Heal at the barracks often.
- Wait for stores to have sales.
- Keep fusing and master fusing and the battle system as soon as possible.
- Always stack up on buffs. Buffs and debuffs are your best friends!
- When getting resistances, make sure they are varied. Don't stick to the same resistances.
- When buying armor, try to go for resistances instead of stats.
- Don't get attached to demons. Once it feels like they are slowing you down, fuse them up.
- Try to play offensively in every battle.
- Don't attack enemies blindly.
- Exploit elemental weaknesses, they give you more turns.
- If you die to a boss, try to figure out his moves, weaknesses, resistances and prepare a solid strategy for the fight. Try to tailor your party to take that specific boss down.
- Try to get a full team of demons as soon as possible.
- When recruiting demons, you don't always have to give them everything they ask for. Try giving them one or two items and then selecting "end talking".
- Mission tip: When you are running low on resources, remember that you can always go back out and replenish without worrying about failing a quest.
- Make sure every demon has at least one elemental skill to abuse the press turn.
For a lot more helpful tips, check out the DualShockers Beginners Guide to Shin Megami Tensei IV by Allisa James.
Hopefully these tips will help you get started in this game. Please post a comment below if you have any of your own tips, tricks or hints for Shin Megami Tensei IV. Thanks for visiting.