To start off-road races in GTA 5, first you must have an ATV or an off-road motorcycle, then you need to find the locations on your map marked by a checkered flag icon.
Some tips for off road racing:
- Don't try to attack the competition as it will result in a fail.
- You can however bump other drivers off their vehicles.
- You can hold Y (Xbox 360) or triangle (PS3) to get back to the track quickly if you go off course.
- You can draft and increase your speed by staying behind other racers.
- Long wheelies or leaning forward will get more speed out of your ATV or your bike.
- Watch for shortcuts during the races.
Have any other GTA 5 off-road racing tips? Please post them in the comments below.