GTA Online (GTA 5 Online) is now live and Rockstar has posted a new page which lists the latest updates for the GTA Online status.
A lot of people are having problems not being able to play, freezing, failed to host GTA Online session and other error messages. Check out this page for the latest official launch status updates from Rockstar about the problems connecting in GTA Online.
- Occasional "Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable" error message.
- Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with "waiting for other players" on the screen.
- Can't get passed the tutorial.
- Intermittent "Failed to Host a GTA Online Session" error messages.
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race. Can't start race in the beginning of GTA Online.
- Errors saying "Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join"
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc). For more information on Social Club status, please see: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093
- Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors.
If you're having problems with not being able to start the very first race, just wait a bit until Rockstar fixes this issue. A lot of people are having this same issue.
October 3, 2013 Update: Rockstar is preparing to fix a lot of the issues both the PS3 and Xbox 360 users have been experiecing. Check out this page for the latest post from Rockstar about this issue.
Back to the GTA 5 section