Sony has finally revealed its virtual reality plans. Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida debuted "Project Morpheus" during todays GDC presentation.
"VR has been a dream of many game creators since the computer game was invented. Many of us at PlayStation has dreamed about VR," he said.
Project Morpheus features a 1080p display and a 90+ degree field of view. It also uses 1000Hz tracking and a 3 meter working volume and features full 360 degree roation. The tech's name, which was only chosen last week, was explained as well, "Morpheus is the god of dreams… it’s supposed to evoke being a dreamlike experience in the headset."
The first demos for the new virtual reality device will be playable at GDC starting tommorow, below is the list of games that will be playable:
- The Deep (Sony London)
- Castle (works with PS Move)
- EVE’s Valkyrie
- Component: Processor unit, head-mounted unit
- Display method: LCD
- Panel Size: 5 inches
- Panel Resolution: 1920XRGBX1080 (960XRGBX1080 per eye)
- Field of View: 90 Degrees
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- Connection Interface: HDMI + USB
- Function: 3D Audio Social Screem