Epic Games have announced a new Unreal Tournament for PC, Mac and Linux. The game will be developed using the Unreal Engine 4 development community.
- Game comes from a small team of Unreal Tournament veterans.
- It will be co-developed with the Unreal Engine 4 dev community.
- Game is 100% free.
- Those with an Unreal Engine 4 subscription can participate in the crowd sourced development
- Marketplace where creators can give away or sell custom content.
- Fan-created mods will play a big role.
Project lead Steve Polge commented on the announcement:
"We see this as an ongoing project with no end date. Unreal Tournament will be the base both for the continued evolution of the competitive FPS, and as a great way to enable aspiring developers to realize their visions for this kind of game.
"We see a unique opportunity to re-invent the competitive FPS. Epic will will work closely with the community to decide what is included in the core Unreal Tournament game, but at the same time we plan to blur that distinction by making it extremely easy for gamers to access any community-built content they find interesting."