4A Games and Deep Silver have announced fully re-mastered and improved versions of Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light.
Here's the official press release:
"For the REDUX edition, Metro 2033 has been completely overhauled:
The original Metro 2033 has been "completely overhauled' and has been rebuilt in the latest iteration of the 4A Engine.
- The original game has been rebuilt in the latest and greatest iteration of the 4A Engine, bringing all the graphical and gameplay improvements from Last Light to Metro 2033 Redux.
- Enjoy completely re-mastered visuals: advanced lighting, dynamic weather, more detailed characters with improved animation, more dynamic destruction and improved smoke, fire and particle effects.
- Experience radically improved gameplay: advanced enemy AI, improved combat and stealth mechanics, superior weapon handling and more responsive, intuitive controls plus signature features from Last Light such as the atmospheric ‘mask wipe’ mechanic, weapon customization, and silent kills and takedowns.
Those who favoured the more survival horror oriented gameplay of Metro 2033 can play both campaigns in the 'Survival' Play Style, a fraught slow-burn fight for survival with limited resources, deadlier enemy AI, and slower reload speeds. Those who enjoyed the more action oriented gameplay of Metro: Last Light can try the ‘Spartan’ Play Style, providing Artyom with a powerful set of combat skills and more plentiful resources.
In addition, the legendary Ranger Mode returns to both games, providing the most immersive and challenging experience as the HUD is stripped away and hardcore rules apply."
Some details and a Summary: (Thanks to NeoGaf for these)
- Summer 2014
- Metro 2033
- Metro: Last Light
- Includes all DLC from the Season Pass
- $49.99 / €39.99 / £34.99 (physical) for both games
- $24.99 / €19.99 / £15.99 (digital) for Metro 2033
- $24.99 / €19.99 / £15.99 (digital) for Metro: Last Light
- PS4 1080p at 60 fps
- XB1 900p at 60 fps
- PC resolution and framerate depend on your hardware configuration
- Metro 2033 has been rebuilt in the latest and greatest iteration of the 4A Engine,
- advanced lighting
- dynamic weather
- more detailed characters with improved animation
- more dynamic destruction and improved smoke, fire and particle effects
- advanced enemy AI
- improved combat and stealth mechanics
- superior weapon handling
- more responsive, intuitive controls
- signature features from Last Light such as the atmospheric ‘mask wipe’ mechanic, weapon customization, and silent kills and takedowns