Here is a list of console commands you can use in The Evil Within. The commands give you the ability to set 60 frames per second, as well as enable cheats such as God mode, noclip for walking through walls, infinite ammo, and more.
In order to access the console, first open Steam, and right click on The Evil Within and then select "properties".
Under the General tab, click "set launch options" and put this in to unlock the console:
Launch the game and then hit the Insert key to bring down the developer console.
- R_swapinterval <NUMBER> - Sets the FPS lock. Note that the numbers below are negative. -2: This is the default, set to 30 FPS. This is the officially supported frame rate. -1: This sets the FPS limit to 60. Fully playable, although there may be quirks (we’re going to fix these). 0: This fully unlocks the FPS. We do not recommend playing above 60. We will not fix any issues above 60.
- God - God mode. You are effectively invincible, and certain enemy kill moves will not be used against you (Laura, for example, will not jump on you)
- Noclip - Allows you to walk through walls
- G_infiniteammo - Unlimited ammo (provided you have at least 1 bullet when you enable this)
- G_stoptime 1 - Stops time. Note there is a bug right now where using this command causes a UI element to appear on screen. We’re looking to fix that in the near future. Re enable time with g_stoptime 0
- Toggledebugcamera - Separates the camera from Sebastian so you can freely move around the
- R_forceaspectratio <NUMBER> - Sets the aspect ratio. Default is 2.5, which is our official aspect ratio. 0 is full screen, but not ideal. 1.8 or 2 is probably most comfortable for those who don’t want bars.
- Com_showFPS - Turns on id’s native FPS counter
- Startslowmotion2 - Slows down time
- Stopslowmotion - Disables slow motion