Since its launch, Halo: Master Chief Collection has been having matchmaking problems and other issues. 343 Industries have released an update that will be available the next time you start the game.
It's a 523 MB patch that fixes matchmaking issues, and other bugs related to the UI and party system. The update also improves the overall stability of the game. Custom settings will now remain applied to followup matches, and the stability for finding a match has also been improved. The full patch notes can be found after the page break below.
Halo: Master Chief Collection Patch Notes:
- Made improvements to the way the matchmaking system handles player matching
- Made improvements to the team selection process to improve team balancing
- Made an update to the party system to improve searching with parties (2+ players)
- Made further improvements to how matchmaking progress is communicated to the player
- Made an update to ensure that players do not enter a non-joinable state after searching for a match
- Made an update to ensure that the "Game Session" UI does not persist after leaving a matchmaking lobby
- Resolved a variety of incorrectly displayed matchmaking prompts
- Improved matchmaking roster presentation during team creation phase to remove roster flickering
- Corrected a "connecting to host" message that incorrectly displayed during the matchmaking searching phase
- Made an update to ensure that FFA players do not appear as if they are on the red team in the pre-game lobby
Party, Lobby, and Custom Games
- Made an update to ensure that custom game settings persist between matches
- Made an update to ensure that player's player emblems load correctly when returning to lobby
- Made an update to improve nameplate and emblem display
- Improved the display of emblems in the "Games Session Details" screen
- Made improvements to parties to ensure that parties are merged when the host joins another player and "brings party"
- Made an update to improve party stability after completing a matchmaking game
- Made an update to ensure that players are joinable after playing a matchmaking game
- Made a variety of updates to improve UI stability
- Resolved stability issues that occurred while viewing medals in "Player Details"
- Made an update to prevent stability issues caused by controller disconnects
- Made an update to improve post-game-carnage-report stability
- Made an update to address in-game stability for Halo 2
- Improved matchmaking stability while searching with parties (2+ players)
- Addressed a crash that could occur after searching in the Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble playlist
- Resolved a variety of miscellaneous stability issues to improve overall performance
- Made an update to ensure that the "Zealot" achievement is unlockable